As environmentally sound waste and resource management becomes a higher priority for Governments, businesses and local institutions, a well-trained group of sustainable resource management professionals becomes even more important.
State solid waste regulations require public and private solid waste facilities to have certified operators in the area of recycling.Â Efforts to train professionals in sustainable resource management must be effective and credible. Equally important, it will be beneficial if they are also consistent from state to state.
Because of the importance of this issue, several universities and ecological institutes have developed training in the area of recycling and its management. This training is offered as a Recycling Course. Some of these courses are offered free of charge.
Free Recycling Courses give recycling and special waste professionals a competitive advantage in this changing field.Â This course is ideal for employees in the public and private community recycling sector. From the people responsible for sorting, segregating and processing waste to the supervisor and managers.
What are the Recycling Courses ?
This training course focuses on the recycling of materials found in municipal solid waste generated from residential, commercial and institutional sources, not including hazardous waste, household hazardous waste or special waste.
The course teaches everything about the preparation of reusable material. The student will learn how to collect and sort reusable material and prepare it.Â Students will learn about transportation to the companies where the material is processed and develop a solid knowledge of the individual materials.
You will learn how to collect, clean and prepare, as well as dispose of the material in an environmentally safe manner.Â The student in this course will learn how to evaluate the materials offered, estimate the effort required and determine the reimbursement or waste rates. Several portable devices and machines, as well as large systems, are available for both sorting and preparation.
This course teaches about the various groups of materials. The student will know the difference between recyclable and hazardous materials.Â The course provides information on how to plan, develop, market and manage successful recycling programs.Â
Management of recycling systems also addresses collection, processing, enforcement of end-use standards, and protection of human health and the environment.Â This course aims to teach the student how to minimize waste production and maximize recyclability and reuse options.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Recycling Course
These are some of the topics that can be included in the program content of a Recycling Course:
- Familiarization with the basic concepts and objectives of recycling
- Illustrate the flow of materials from production to reuse and disposal
- Know the ecological and energy correlations
- Overview of solid waste management
- Solid waste laws and regulations
- Waste composition
- Marketing and transport
- Economics of Recycling
- Collection and processing of recyclable materialsÂ
- Design and operations of recycling facilities
- Detection of waste and problematic wasteÂ
- Safety in Recycling Facilities – OSHA
- Â Record keeping
- Education and Public Relations
- Organic recycling
- History and trends in recycling –
- Areas of special use
- Exercise / walk in the recycling field
- Classification and preparation of recyclable materials
- Storage and disposal
- Handling and transport
- Documentation and data capture
- Planning a recycling program
- Establishment and management of recycling contracts
- Application of end-user standards and quality requirements for recycled products
- Management of recycling programs to protect human health and the environment
Countries and Cities Where You Could Study the Recycling Course for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
- South Africa
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Recycling Course is Possibly Given for Free, through Scholarships
Certified Professional Recycling Course
- Pennsylvania State University – Professional Recyclers of Pennsylvania (PROP)
- Harrisburg, PA, United States.
- New Mexico Recycling Coalition.
- Santa Fe, NM, United States.
Recycling Systems Management Course
- Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA)
- Silver Spring, MD, United States.
Diploma Course for Sustainable Recycling Activities (WAMITAB Training)
- QSP Training
- Redditch, UK.
Sustainable Recycling Course
- City and Guilds
- London, UK.
Recycling Machine Training Courses
- Helmond, Netherlands.
Circular Waste Management Course: Recycle, Recover and Eliminate
- BOOST Consulting & Training
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Recycling Specialist Course
- Altdorf, Switzerland.
Training Courses on Cold Recycling
- Loudon International
- Johannesburg, South Africa.
Innovative Advanced Materials Recycling Course
- University of Bordeaux
- Bordeaux, France.
Recycling Course Reference Prices
The prices of the Recycling Courses are varied. The prices of these courses are between $65 and $475. In some cases it may cost more.
The cost of these courses will vary depending on the country where the course is given, the institution or university that teaches the course, the modality, the duration of the course and the materials provided during the course, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course
Resumen / Summary
TÃtulo / Article Name
FREE RECYCLING COURSE
DescripciÃ³n / Description
Free Recycling Course: What It Is, Its Purpose, Content and Subjects. Countries and Cities Where it is Given. Price on the Payment Option
Autor / Author
Juan Carlos Franco
Autor / Publisher Name
Logo / Publisher Logo