With a Bachelor Degree in Tattoo Artist you explore the use of the human body as a canvas and medium within the field of art in this fascinating title of body art. You will be equipped with a wide range of artistic skills for the creative industries.
Tattoo artists must have drawing skills and the ability to create different artistic styles, skill in the use of tattooing or piercing equipment. You will be able to obtain knowledge of human anatomy and how to prevent, recognize and treat infections and knowledge of disinfectants, health and safety and hygiene and first aid skills.
It is unlikely that you will find a program specifically for tattoo artists, so look for a school that offers a degree in design, illustration, graphic design, digital arts, performing arts, or commercial art. There are universities and institutions that offer this program for free or offer the possibility of a scholarship.
This course not only focuses on tattooing, but also explores the anthropological foundation of body art in different cultures and how this rapidly growing area is becoming a global phenomenon.
You will also investigate sociology and art, which will help you become a forward-looking practitioner with a solid understanding of the history behind body art.
What is and What does a Bachelor in Tattoo Artist Do ?
Tattoo artists use sterile skin piercing equipment and ink or jewelry to decorate people’s skin.
Tattoo artists usually do:
- Work varied hours, including late nights and weekends
- Work under conditions where they may be exposed to blood and infection
Tattoo artists can do some or all of the following:
- Explain tattooing and piercing procedures to clients
- Help customers choose images or jewelry
- Copy or design images for clients
- Making image templates
- Prepare and sterilize the skin
- Using inked needles or traditional tools to create decorative, cosmetic or paramedical tattoos (covering scars or bows)
- Punching or cutting the skin and inserting jewelry
- Sterilize the equipment and ensure that your study meets health and safety standards
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Tattoo Artist
These are some of the topics that can be included in the program content of a Tattooing Degree:
- Visual Culture
- Stereotypes and tribes
- History and Criticism
- Visual language
- Industry Workshop
- Critical Discourse
- Industry Research
- Professional context
- Health Department Requirements
- Tax Requirements
- History and origin of the tattoo
- Health and Safety and OSH
- Sterilization and control of infectious diseases
- First aid and tattoo aftercare
- Set up and maintain a tattoo studio according to health department guidelines
- Stenciling: both making and applying templates
- Maintenance and tuning of tattooing machines
- Applied use and maintenance of all tattooing equipment
- Ink and needle selections
- Basic tattooing techniques, all practiced on synthetic leather
How Long Does the Bachelor Degree in Tattoo Artist Take ?
A tattoo program can last from 2 to 4 years approximately.
Where can I Work with the Tattoo Artist Career ?
Tattoo professionals usually work in tattoo studios, beauty salons and cosmetic clinics, most of them open their own tattoo parlor.
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor Degree in Tattoo Artist for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United Kingdom
- United States
- South Africa
- New Zealand
Institutes, Centers and Universities where the Bachelor Degree in Tattoo Artist is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Bachelor’s degree in body art
- Solent University
- England, United Kingdom.
Tattoo and Body Art Safety Program
- osh Academy
- Oregon, United States.
Tattoo and piercing safety certificate
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Alberta, Canada.
- Australian Tattoo Academy
- Victoria, Australia.
Tattoo and piercing certificate program
- KayKeo Tattoo Academy
- Pinetown, South Africa.
Certified Tattoo Training
- Tattoo and piercing training courses
- Auckland, New Zealand.
Bachelor Degree in Tattoo Artist Reference Prices
The prices of the Tattoo Degree can be varied. Prices for these degrees are between $4,200 and $21,300. In some cases it can have a higher cost.
The cost of this degree will vary according to the country where it is taught, the institution or university that teaches the degree, the modality, the duration and the materials provided during the study, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE