The radio is fast, dynamic and immediate. Radio works seamlessly on multiple platforms and is at the forefront of popular culture, providing music, opinions and information to increasingly demanding and knowledgeable audiences.
Universities and broadcasting institutes have developed training programs in all aspects of radio broadcasting in order to train qualified personnel in this area. These training programs are delivered to students as Radio Broadcasting Courses. Some of these courses are offered free of charge.
Free Radio Broadcasting Course trainees are sought out by major radio companies to work part-time during their studies and many of these can lead to exciting careers after graduation.
With a Free Radio Broadcasting Course you will develop key skills for a career in radio. You will learn the business of radio and learn how to run an FM and online radio station with other students.Â
You’ll learn how to create the format, manage playlists, sell advertising, write articles and commercials, promote the station and its customers, and learn how to work with dynamic groups in large broadcasting companies.
If you like music and popular culture, a Free Radio Broadcasting Course may be for you. This course is aimed at those who wish to gain a foundation in broadcasting skills.
What are the Radio Broadcasting Courses ?
A Radio Broadcasting Course is a radio training program, which teaches everything about radio sales and promotions, news broadcasting and programming, how to present programs, studio production, music scheduling and voice track recording.
The course provides theoretical and practical training to those who wish to learn how to produce and present a radio program or work behind the scenes at a radio station.
This course handles various production and broadcast environments (such as radio and outside broadcast) to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the technical requirements and skill sets required to deliver complete productions (radio programs, outside broadcast, etc.).
Radio Broadcasting Course Program, Subjects and Content
These are some of the topics that can be included in the program content of a Radio Broadcasting Course:
- Introduction to Radio.
- Writing radio commercials.
- Radio script writing.
- Selling radio airtime.
- Ethics and broadcasting.
- Using voice for radio transmissions.
- Radio and transmission equipment.
- Acting on the air.
- Audio production.
- Radio journalism.
- Production techniques.
- How to prepare a radio program.
- How to use a broadcast mixer (self-operating).
- How to communicate 1 to 1 with your radio audience.
- How to add original content to your programs.
- How to interview guests of all kinds.
- How to deal with the phone on callers to your program.
- How to use digital playback software in programs.
- How to read station promotions and announcements.
- How to schedule and plan your program content.
- How to maximize your audience with what you say and how you say it.
- How to talk about music and different dynamic ways to make sound sizzle.
- How to deal with breaking news and be appropriate.
- How to stay within the rules of OFCOM (the broadcasters’ regulators).
- How to keep it short, sweet and to the point.
- How to stay within the law about what you can and cannot say.
- How to program music.
- How to make a voice track (record a program without studio equipment, only computer and microphone)
Countries and Cities Where You Could Study the Radio Broadcasting Course for Free Getting a Scholarship
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- The Netherlands.
- South Africa
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Free Radio Broadcasting Course is Possibly Given, through Scholarships
Radio and Audio Media Specialist Course
- Auckland University of Technology
- Auckland, New Zealand.
National Radio Certificate Course
- NZ School of Radio, Media + Design
- Auckland, New Zealand.
Broadcast Program – Radio
- Algonquin College
- Ontario, Canada.
- Radio School – Rod Lucas
- Kent, UK.
- The Radio School
- Dublin, Ireland.
- The Radio Nederland Training Centre (RNTC)
- Hilversum, Netherlands.
Radio Production Course
- Academy of Sound EngineeringÂ
- Johannesburg, South Africa.
Radio Broadcasting Course Reference Prices
The prices of the Radio Broadcasting Courses are varied. The prices of these courses are between $150 and $700.Â
The cost of these courses will vary according to the country where the course is given, the institution or university that teaches the course, the modality, the duration of the course and the materials provided during the course, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course
Resumen / Summary
TÃtulo / Article Name
FREE RADIO BROADCASTING COURSE
DescripciÃ³n / Description
Free Radio Broadcasting Course: What It Is, Its Purpose, Content and Subjects. Countries and Cities Where it is Given. Price on the Payment Option
Autor / Author
Juan Carlos Franco
Autor / Publisher Name
Logo / Publisher Logo