A warden maintains the safety of the prisoners in the jails or prisons. They secure the facility and are the first to respond to any problems that arise. Wardens are responsible for enforcing rules, preventing assaults and escapes, and maintaining general order in the facilities to which they are assigned. Attendants respond to emergency situations, such as riots, fires, and confrontations.
More specific duties of the Prison Warden may include
- Smuggling for drugs and weapons
- Control and transport of inmates
- Intern’s conduct report
- Enforce rules and provide discipline as needed
- Inspect incoming mail and visitors
If you like what you have read, then this is the Course you have been waiting for, find a free Prison Warden Course now and enter this exciting world.
What are the Prison Warden Courses ?
Wardens or also known as correctional officers must undergo intensive training similar to that provided to police recruits. This course, in most countries, is based on law enforcement training and combines classroom instruction on the principles, concepts and procedures of correction with practical skills related to defensive tactics, subduing violent prisoners and riot control.
Students learn self-defense, firearms, first aid, and the use of restraint. It is also important that a guard knows the legal restrictions, institutional policies and procedures for custody and security. Wardens also receive specific training to disarm and neutralize prisoners and maintain the safety of other inmates and guards.
Within the high-risk environment of a prison, working well as part of a team has been shown to reduce the occurrence of violence and help save lives in situations where violence increases.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Prison Warden Course
The program content of the Prison Warden course generally covers the following topics:
- Community safety through offender re-entry
- Culture and communication skills
- Defensive tactics and self-defence
- Environmental procedures
- Firearms training
- First Aid / CPR
- Management of special needs offenders
- Disciplinary procedures for offenders
- Rights, privileges and responsibilities of the offender
- Prevention of violence in the workplace
- Written report
- Public image
- Riot prevention and control
- Suicide prevention and intervention
- Use of force / use of restraints
Countries and Cities Where You Could Study the Prison Warden Course for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Prison Warden Course is Possibly Free, through Scholarships
- Capella University
- Minnesota, United States.
The Good Prison: free professional development course
- British Psychoanalytical Council
- England, United Kingdom.
Certificate III in Correctional Practice (custody)
- The Department of Correctional Services
- South Australia, Australia.
Adult Correctional Officer Training
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- British Columbia, Canada.
Corrections Officer Course
- Wintec, Waikato Institute of Technology
- Waikato, New Zealand.
Corrections Officer Course
- United Nations Prison and Probation Officers Course
- Stockholm, Switzerland.
Reference Prices for the Prison Warden Course
The reference prices of the Course of Prison Wardens, range from 50 to 200 Euros, approximately.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course
Resumen / Summary
Título / Article Name
FREE PRISON WARDEN COURSE
Descripción / Description
Free Prison Warden Course: What It Is, Its Purpose, Content and Subjects. Countries and Cities Where it is Given. Price on the Payment Option
Autor / Author
Juan Carlos Franco
Autor / Publisher Name
Logo / Publisher Logo