Osteopathy is a non-invasive, drug-free manual therapy that aims to improve health in all systems of the body by manipulating and strengthening the musculoskeletal framework.Â The structure of the body and its functioning are of course related to each other. Osteopathy as manual therapy is based on this relationship.
This therapy follows the belief in the bodyâs ability to self-heal and self-regulate, which is why manual osteopathic practitioners do not see themselves as healers, but as health facilitators.
The purpose of therapy is to positively impact three body systems, the lymphatic, circulatory, and nervous systems. To accomplish this, the professional will focus on the spine, muscles and joints.Â The diagnosis and the procedure used is executed with the hands, that is why the term manual medicine is referred to.
Practitioners of Osteopathy often passionately believe that this type of medical practice provides superior patient care and treatment compared to the use of modern medicine. In addition to observing the whole person and employing additional practical treatment, it is more beneficial to patients. The program teaches many valuable skills.
There is a great need for medical professionals in this field, and a career as an osteopath can be very rewarding. Find your Free Osteopathy Course now and become part of this innovative world.
What are the Osteopathy Courses ?
An Osteopathy Course is a training where you learn about the physical manipulation of ligaments, muscles and bones.Â This is because the field is based on the idea that the structure and function of a body are interconnected, and alterations in the musculoskeletal system can cause many diseases.Â
Students learn a variety of manipulative techniques that are often used in conjunction with standard therapeutic procedures.Â There are employment opportunities working with patients in a variety of clinical settings such as geriatrics, emergency medicine, or gynecology, although most jobs are for primary care professionals.Â
Some professionals choose to open their own practices and see clients to diagnose them, plan a course of treatment, and then use techniques such as massage, joint mobilization, deep pressure, and body manipulation. They also teach clients about proper diet and lifestyle.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Osteopathy CourseÂ
The program content of the Osteopathy course generally covers the following topics:
- Cellular Biology.
- Histology â Embryology â Genetics.
- General anatomy and physiology.
- Anatomy and physiology of the nervous system
- Anatomy and physiology of the musculoskeletal system.
- Anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
- Anatomy and physiology of the digestive, endocrine and genitourinary systems.
- Anatomy and physiology of the sensory and tegumentary systems.
- The conceptual models of Osteopathy.
- Palpatory anatomy.
- Osteopathic palpation.
- Learning diagnostic means, osteopathic treatments and appropriate techniques: lower appendicular region.
- Diagnostic learning means, osteopathic treatments and appropriate techniques â Lombie-pelvic-abdominal region.
- Learning diagnostic means, osteopathic treatments and appropriate techniques: upper appendicular region.
- Learning diagnostic means, osteopathic treatments and appropriate techniques â Cervico-cerebral region.
Countries and Cities Where You Could Study the Osteopathy Course for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Osteopathy Course is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Introduction to Osteopathic Medicine
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States.
Advanced Masterâs Degree in Osteopathy
- College of Osteopaths
- England, United Kingdom.
Program in Osteopathy
- The International Academy of Osteopathy
- Ghent, Belgium.
Program in Structural Osteopathy
- ISMET â Training in health and natural therapies
- Barcelona, Spain.
Initial Osteopathic Training
- ESO Paris â Ãcole SupÃ©rieure dâOstÃ©opathie
- Champs-sur-Marne, France.
Program in Osteopathy
- SRH Hochschule fÃ¼r Gesundheit Gera
- Gera, Germany.
- Canadian Academy of Osteopathy
- Ontario, Canada.
Osteopathy Course Reference Prices
The prices of the Osteopathy Courses are varied. The prices of these courses are between $60 and $1,500.Â The cost of these courses will vary depending on the country where the course is given, the institution or university that teaches the course, the modality, the duration of the course and the materials provided during the course, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course
Resumen / Summary
TÃtulo / Article Name
FREE OSTEOPATHY COURSE
DescripciÃ³n / Description
Free Osteopathy Course: What It Is, Its Purpose, Content and Subjects. Countries Where it is Given, Online Opportunities. Prices
Autor / Author
Juan Carlos Franco
Autor / Publisher Name
Logo / Publisher Logo