Have you ever wondered how what you eat affects your health? Nutrition plays a key role in human health and disease prevention. Clinical nutrition is the study of the relationship between food and a healthy body. More specifically, it is the science of nutrients and how the body digests, absorbs, transports, metabolizes, stores and eliminates them.
Diet is the cornerstone of our health, the foundation of our well-being. It determines how much energy we have every day, protects against disease and keeps the body fit.
A Free Nutrition and Dietetics Course will explore the food health crisis of modern times and learn how nutrition can help humans live longer, healthier lives. This course is designed for anyone interested in how nutrition affects the human body.
What are the Nutrition and Dietetics Courses ?
The main objective of a Nutrition and Dietetics Course is to train professionals with knowledge of the properties of food, so that they can evaluate the nutritional needs of each person and prescribe specific diets.
A Nutrition and Dietetics Course teaches anyone who wants to become a nutritionist to master the basic concepts of health. The student will learn to recognize diet-related disorders.
The course will explore the fundamentals of nutrition and metabolism in the human body, and teach you how to evaluate a healthy nutrition plan. You will also be presented with nutritional recommendations for different ages and stages of life, including nursing mothers and those living with illness.
The student will understand human digestion and the underlying principles of healthy nutrition. He or she should be able to give basic advice on the nutritional requirements for good health. In this course the student will also have the opportunity to investigate the function of glutamine.
In taking this course, the student will be able to explore the dietary approach to different life stages, as well as classify nutritional supplements, dietary foods, and medical foods. They will be able to reflect on their own dietary habits towards a better quality of life.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Nutrition and Dietetics Course
These are some of the topics that can be included in the program content of a Nutrition and Dietetics Course:
- Introduction to the food components ‘5’ essential for ‘balanced’ human nutrition
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- Calorific value of common foods – energy values
- Amino acids – protein blocks
- Fatty acids – good fats!
- Metabolism and nutrition – Cellular level
- Antioxidants and free radicals
- Digestive system
- Food absorption
- Anatomy and physiology
- Water – Nutrients and how much we need
- Types of water
- Proteins, molecules and structures
- Cholesterol: types of fat in the body
- Types of fat found in foods
- Diet theories and options
- Alkaline, Paleolithic diet (Caveman diet)
- Morning banana diet – Diet
- Diet for your blood type
- Balanced diet
- The cleansing diet
- Treatment of health problems through diet
- Chronic conditions – How to use the diet for positive results
- Diets for medical conditions, e.g. osteoporosis, cardiovascular problems, diabetes, hypertension, coronary disease, etc.
Countries and Cities Where You Could Study the Nutrition and Dietetics Course for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
Institutes, Centers and Universities where the Free Nutrition and Dietetics Course is possibly taught, through Scholarships
Nutrition and Dietetic Programs
- New York University – Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development
- Department of Nutrition and Food Studies
- New York, NY, United States.
- School of Natural Health Sciences
- London, UK.
Food, Nutrition and Dietetics Courses
- Deakin University
- Melbourne, Australia.
Professional Courses in Nutrition
- Swiss Academy of Nutrition
- Zurich, Switzerland.
Nutrition and Dietetics Course
- BAU International Academy of Rome
- Massa, Italy.
- Wellpark College of Natural Therapies
- Auckland, New Zealand.
- Ontario College
- Toronto, ON, Canada.
Free Nutrition Course: Eating for Life
- Taipei Medical University
- Through Futurelearn
Reference Prices for the Nutrition and Dietetics Course
The prices of the Nutrition and Dietetics Courses are varied. The prices of these courses are between $220 and $760. The cost of these courses will vary according to the country where the course is given, the institution or university that teaches the course, the modality, the duration of the course and the materials provided during the course, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course