A full team of professionals is needed to meet the nation’s health care needs, and nurses are the key to keeping the health care system running. They provide most of the day-to-day care, serve as the liaison between patients and physicians, and in some cases even play the role of physician.
If you are considering a career in nursing, a great way to start is by taking a free course in nursing. Many of these courses cover the same topics as a traditional college course at no cost. Universities offer free online courses as recruitment tools to connect students interested in additional courses or degrees.
A free Nursing course can also help working nurses keep abreast of developments in the field and keep up to date.
What are the Nursing Courses ?
Nurses provide and monitor patient care, educate patients and families about health conditions, provide medication and treatment, provide emotional support and counseling to patients and families, and more.
A Nursing Course is training that provides basic knowledge about the field of nursing and its evolution over time. It teaches nursing skills and knowledge that should be acquired by nursing candidates.
Although most nurses work in hospitals, some work for schools, private clinics, nursing homes, employment agencies, businesses, prisons, military bases, or other employers. They also work with healthy people by providing them with preventive health care and wellness information.
Nursing Course Program, Subjects and Content
The program content of the Nursing course generally covers the following topics:
- Roles, career options and desired qualities of nurses.
- Legal and ethical issues related to the field.
- Basic communication, collaboration, and other professional skills that nurses use in the workplace
- Concepts and trends affecting the field, including patient-centered care, holism, and modern health culture
- Medication classifications.
- Pharmacological indications, side effects, contraindications and interactions.
- Legal statutes and regulations governing the administration of medicines by nurses.
- Responsibilities of nurses who administer drugs.
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Nursing Course for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Nursing Course is Possibly Given Free, through Scholarships
Free Health Care Quality and Safety Course
- George Washington University
- Washington, United States.
Special Care for the Elderly Course
- East Anglia University
- Norwich, United Kingdom.
Infertility Nursing Course
- Koç University
- Istanbul, Turkey.
Course on Caring for the Elderly, to prevent the risk of dementia
- Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University
- Nonthaburi, Thailand.
Course on Care Promotion of Healthy Aging
- Karolinska Institute
- County Stockholm, Sweden.
Health Systems Strengthening Course
- The University of Melbourne
- Melbourne, Australia.
Practical Nursing Course
- Conestoga School
- Kitchener, Canada.
Free Course in Nursing Theory and Advanced Practice
- Freedom University
Nursing Course Reference Prices
The reference prices of the Nursing Courses range from $30 to $1500.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course