Naturopathy encompasses alternative therapeutic practices with the goal of preserving health, preventing and treating illness or imbalances, whether physical, emotional and/or energetic.
Rather than isolating and treating patients’ symptoms alone, naturopathic physicians focus on a person’s complete wellness and consider the patient as an active participant in his or her own recovery and wellness.
Naturopathy, with a holistic view of the human being, is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) as an area of health that works in the prevention, treatment and promotion of optimal health through the use of therapeutic methods to promote the healing process.
Professionals in this field help patients find more natural ways to manage and cure a multitude of diseases, ailments and disorders.Â In order to prepare highly trained professionals in the area of natural medicine, many universities around the world offer Master of Naturopathy programs. Some of these programs are offered free of charge or are funded through scholarships.
There are several ways to obtain a free Master of Naturopathy degree and many schools offer distance learning programs.Â These programs are typically offered through traditional universities and those that specialize in integrative health training; they can be rigorous and require significant scientific and medical study, along with hands-on clinical training. Most programs culminate in a thesis.
Coursework in Master Degree in Naturopathy programs will vary depending on the specialization of the degree, as it may be concentrated in areas such as: nutrition, herbal medicine, acupuncture, holistic community wellness, among others.
The Master of Naturopathy degree is ideal for graduates with an existing bachelor’s degree who wish to continue their education to obtain a Master’s degree and eventually a Doctorate in Naturopathy.
What is a Master Degree in Naturopathy ?
A Master of Naturopathy is a graduate academic program that provides advanced knowledge and trains students in a wide variety of holistic medical practices.Â The program has a blended learning approach consisting of lectures, classroom classes, and clinical internships at naturopathic and holistic training centers.Â
This program provides the student with a multidimensional model of natural medicine, implemented with the various modalities associated with understanding quantum physics: anatomy and physiology, acupuncture, hematology, herbology, homeopathy, hormone therapy, nutrition and Taoist medicine.
Curriculum covers various types of therapies, including herbal therapies, food and acupuncture, among others. It also offers extensive courses in herbal medicine, reflexology, massage therapy and basic clinical sciences.
The Master’s courses will also include clinical orthopedic and osteopathic naturopathic medicine, naturopathic chiropractic, naturopathic gastroenterology, naturopathic treatments of skin diseases, naturopathic approaches to mental health, as well as a master’s dissertation.
Program, Subjects and Content of a Master’s Degree in Naturopathy
These are some of the subjects that may be included in the programmatic content of a Master’s Degree in Naturopathy:
- History of naturopathy
- History of Pharmacy and Parapharmacy
- Customer service
- Dispensing homeopathic, phytotherapeutic and nutritional supplement products.
- Initial assessment of emergency care
- Application of life support techniques
- Application of psychological support and self-management techniques.
- Recognition of the general organization of the organism
- Localization of anatomical structures
- Identification of general aspects of pathology
- Recognition of the structure, function and diseases of the nervous system, sensory organs and locomotor system.
- Recognition of the structure, function and diseases of the cardiocirculatory, respiratory and blood system.
- Recognition of the structure, function and diseases of the digestive and renal systems.
- Recognition of the structure, functioning and diseases of the endocrine system, genital system and immune system.
- Introduction to herbal medicine
- Medicinal plants
- Potential applications in herbal medicine
- Naturopathic focus on different food groups
- The importance of nutrition in health
- Macrobiotics, diet therapy according to Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Diet therapy according to Ayurvedic Medicine
- Introduction to Orthomolecular Therapy
- Vitamins and Vitamin Analogues, Proteins and Amino Acids
- Enzyme therapy, Probiotics, Minerals and trace elements
- Research methodology and management
- Statistics applied to research
How Long Does the Master Degree in Naturopathy Take ?
The time required for a Master Degree in Naturopathy is generally 2 years of full-time study.Â However, it is possible to find programs that are more extensive and may require up to 4 years of study.
Where can I Work with a Master of Naturopathy Degree ?
Individuals who earn a Master of Naturopathy degree often work as alternative medicine practitioners. After completing this program, many students find employment in medical settings, while others choose to practice independently.Â
Graduates of these Master’s programs have higher levels of employment and many are able to negotiate much higher salaries. They will be trained to perform naturopathic holistic practice and may go on to hold positions and leadership roles within healthcare institutions.
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Master Degree in Naturopathy for Free by Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom (UK)
- Hong Kong (SAR)
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Master of Naturopathy is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Master in Natural Medicine
- Quantum University
- Honolulu, United States.
Master’s Degree in Naturopathy and Parapharmacy
- ISMET – Training in Health and Natural Therapies
- Barcelona, Spain.
Master’s Degree in Naturopathy and Holistic Medicine
- Da Vinci Institute of Holistic Medicine
- Larnaca, Cyprus.
Master in Advanced Naturopathic Medicine
- Southern Cross University
- East Lismore, Australia.
Postgraduate Diploma in Naturopathy
- College of Naturopathic Medicine
- West Sussex, United Kingdom.
Master of Chinese Medicine
- The University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR.
Master Degree in Naturopathy Referential Fees
The prices of the Master of Naturopathy can be varied. The prices of these Masters range from $8,225 to $22,680 per year. In some cases it can have a higher cost.
The cost of this Master’s Degree will vary according to the country where it is given, the institution or university that gives the Master’s Degree, the modality, the duration and the materials provided during the study, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of MASTER DEGREE
Resumen / Summary
TÃtulo / Article Name
FREE MASTER DEGREE IN NATUROPATHY
DescripciÃ³n / Description
Free Master Degree in Naturopathy: What is it, Objective, Content, Subjects, Duration, Labor Sector, Countries, Universities and Price
Autor / Author
Juan Carlos Franco
Autor / Publisher Name
Logo / Publisher Logo