Hospital Administration or health management designates the process of organizing and coordinating the performance of a healthcare facility. A Hospital Administrator oversees the business and administrative aspects of a healthcare facility and is responsible for the overall internal health care system.
This includes clinical and non-clinical staff, partner organizations, insurance companies, government agencies, etc. There are Universities and institutions that offer this program free of charge or offer the possibility of a scholarship.
A Free Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration will equip you with the skills necessary to increase efficiency, foster collaboration, and make measurable improvements in patient access and quality of care in a variety of healthcare settings.
Regardless of the specific curriculum, the primary focus of such programs is to provide sound business and management knowledge in healthcare settings. Students learn skills in strategic and financial management, ethical and professional conduct, systems operations, public health, and leadership.
What is a Master Degree in Hospital Administration ?
A Master of Hospital Administration offers a comprehensive, interdisciplinary education that encompasses quality and process improvement, human resources, finance, leadership and information systems, as well as key soft skills such as communication and critical thinking.
Graduates of a Master’s in Hospital Administration will be prepared to take on the challenge facing healthcare organizations today.
Professionals working in hospital management oversee the day-to-day operations of hospitals, physicians’ offices and other healthcare facilities. They may also work in related positions for corporations, non-profit organizations or government agencies.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Master Degree in Hospital Administration
These are some of the topics that can be included in the program content of a Master’s degree in Hospital Management:
- Introduction to Health Informatics Terminologies
- Approaches to the management of health service organizations
- Primary Health Care Case Studies
- Terrorism Response Case Studies
- Changing the face of health care
- Comparative health policy
- Corporate Finance for Healthcare Managers
- Ethical challenges in public health interventions: catastrophic and routine
- Family planning policies and programs
- Global Health: A Multidisciplinary Examination
- Health information systems to improve the quality of care in low resource settings
- Interoperability of health information technology systems and standards
- Public Health History
- Integration of social and behavioral theory into the foundations of public health / macro-mixed levels
- Introduction to research methods and evaluation of health services
- Mobile health without borders
- Personal preparedness planning for public health workers
- Pharmaceutical product management for underserved populations
- Population change and public health
How Long Does the Master Degree in Hospital Administration Take ?
The Master’s in Hospital Administration is a full-time course of 1 to 2 years.
Where can I Work with the Master Degree in Hospital Administration ?
With a valuable combination of healthcare experience and the critical social skills needed in advanced roles, graduates of the Master of Hospital Administration program will be prepared for leadership roles in the field.
Career opportunities for graduates include hospital and health systems administration, clinical human resources, medical group management, and pharmaceutical companies.
Care management organizations, supply chain companies, government or policy organizations, health insurers, and consulting firms. Health management professionals work as administrators, managers, CEOs, planners, and more.
Top Jobs for Master’s Degree in Hospital Management Graduates:
- Executive Director
- Director of Operations
- Clinic Manager
- Healthcare Consultant
- Health Services Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Director of Nursing
- Program Director
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Master Degree in Hospital Administration for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United States
Institutes, Centers and Universities where theMaster Degree in Hospital Administration is possibly Taught for Free, through scholarships
Master in International Health Management
- SRH University of Applied Sciences Berlin
- Berlin, Germany.
Master in Economics and Policy of International Health Management
- Bocconi SDA School of Management
- Milan, Italy.
Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration
- National Louis University
- Illinois, United States.
Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration
- University of Nicosia
- Nicosia, Cyprus.
Master in Health Services Management
- Sydney University of Technology
- New South Wales, Australia.
Master’s Degree in Health Administration
- University of Ottawa
- Ottawa, Canada.
Master’s Degree in Healthcare and Hospital Management
- University of Applied Sciences FH Joanneum
- Graz, Austria.
Master Degree in Hospital Administration Reference Prices
The prices of the Master of Hospital Administration can be varied. The prices of these Masters are between $2,700 and $20,500. In some cases it can have a higher cost.
The cost of this Master’s degree will vary depending on the country where it is taught, the institution or university that teaches the Master’s degree, the modality, the duration and the materials provided during the study, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of MASTER DEGREE