Kitchen assistants are responsible for cleaning the kitchen, performing basic food preparation tasks and ensuring the chefs have everything they need. They can also unload deliveries from suppliers and organize the warehouse. This involves making sure equipment, kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls are kept clean. The kitchen assistants are also responsible for the cleaning.
The work is often assigned to a particular kitchen department. Therefore, the responsibility could be primarily for the preparation of vegetables or the preparation of raw fish or meat. The assistants will use a variety of kitchen equipment, such as automatic mixers, choppers, and specially designed knives and cutters. If you want to get started in this beautiful world of cooking, look for a Free Kitchen Assistant Course now.
What are the Kitchen Assistant Courses?
A Cooking Assistant course is a training in cooking that helps to develop fundamental skills and knowledge in safe food and cooking practices. With the Kitchen Assistant course you will be able to keep the kitchen clean and follow strict health and safety standards which is an essential part of the job and the world of cooking.
Gain work experience in a kitchen assistant position and ensure you have the necessary personal protective equipment. Kitchen assistants have many opportunities to learn new skills and move into other roles within the hospitality industry. This is possible by taking a free Kitchen Assistant Course. With additional experience and training, it is possible to work towards becoming a chef.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Cooking Assistant Course
These are some of the topics that can be covered in the program content of a Kitchen Assistant Course:
- Personal and professional soft skills
- Safety procedures in the kitchen
- Safe food
- Risk Analysis and Critical Control Points
- General safety prevention and emergencies in the kitchen.
- Report and record emergencies and incidents.
- Kitchen Cleaning Responsibilities
- Cleaning equipment
- Correct use of chemicals.
- Dishwashing procedures
- Commercial dishwashing and preventive maintenance equipment.
- Proper storage of clean items.
- Cleaning and sanitation in a kitchen environment.
- Kitchen equipment
- Identification of basic equipment.
- Description and function of equipment parts.
- Correct use of basic equipment.
- Cooking principles
- Identify cooking methods.
- Basic knife handling, sharpening and correct use
- Washing, peeling and basic cutting of vegetables and fruits
- Define basic cooking terminology.
- Interpreting recipes
- Prepare ingredients for recipes.
- Apply appropriate portioning methods
- Inventory management
Countries and Cities Where You Could Study the Kitchen Assistant Course for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United Kingdom
- United States
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Free Kitchen Assistant Course is Possibly Given, through Scholarships
Apprentice Chef Course
- City Azacaya trading Ltd.
- England, United Kingdom.
Hospitality and Catering Course – Level 1
- The City and Guild Institute of London
- England, United Kingdom.
Cooking Assistant Course
- College of the Rockies
- Vancouver, Canada.
Basic Catering and Cooking Course
- International Career Institute
- United States.
Cooking Operations Course
- CTA Training Specialists
- Queensland, Australia.
Course of Management of Events, Facilities and Catering
- International School of Savignac
- Savignac, France.
Kitchen Assistant Training Course
- Open Information Referral System (AIKOS)
Reference Prices for the Kitchen Assistant Course
The reference prices for a Cooking Assistant Course range from $15 4 to $3000.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course