Many hospitals and emergency units lack the capacity to provide adequate emergency care due to a lack of training of health professionals.
Every second counts, during a medical emergency. Recognizing the early signs and symptoms of common medical conditions and providing appropriate treatment can mean a better outcome for the patient.
Early recognition and intervention can greatly reduce the severity of the disease, which means a shorter hospital stay and lower medical costs. A Free Emergency Medicine Care Course will identify common medical emergencies affecting children and adults, help you recognize signs and symptoms, and teach you how to provide appropriate emergency care.
For adults, you’ll learn how to recognize and control chest pain, heart attack, stroke, diabetes problems, seizures, shortness of breath, burns, and allergic reactions. For children, you will also learn about poisoning, fever, childhood illnesses, accident injuries, and signs of abuse.
Find your Free Emergency Medicine Care Course now and take the next step to excellence, doing this course can save many lives.
What are the Emergency Medicine Courses ?
An Emergency Medicine Course is a training that provides a basic diagnostic and treatment approach to common emergency department presentations.
This course focuses on these presentations and uses a symptom-based approach to review the recognition and treatment of a variety of life-threatening emergencies including anaphylaxis, acute myocardial ischemia, abdominal disease in the elderly, and acute headache.
In the Emergency Medicine Course, you’ll learn patient management and communication skills and get an overview of common emergency conditions.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Emergency Medicine Course
The program content of the Emergency Medicine course generally covers the following topics:
- Basic concepts of emergency medicine patient care.
- Initial evaluations.
- Immediate life-threatening conditions.
- Patient management skills.
- Health promotion.
- Communication and Ethics.
- Humanistic qualities.
- Presentation skills.
- Medical history documentation.
- Information Technology.
- Work ethics.
- Professional behaviour
- Emergency presentations and common diseases.
- Cardiovascular diseases and presentations.
- Gastrointestinal diseases and presentations.
- Environmental Diseases and Presentations.
- Psychiatric related diseases and presentations.
- Headache and presentations.
- Respiratory diseases and presentations.
- Shock, sepsis and trauma.
- Endocrine and electrolyte diseases.
- Genitourinary diseases.
- Neurological diseases.
- Common emergency procedures.
Countries and Cities Where You Could Study the Emergency Medicine Course for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Free Emergency Medicine Course is Possibly Given, through Scholarships
Medical emergencies: airway, breathing and circulation
- University of Colorado
- Colorado, United States.
Basic First Aid: How to be an Everyday Hero
- Glasgow University
- Glasgow, United Kingdom.
Medical Emergencies in Primary Care
- LearnEM Simulation Center
- South Australia, Australia.
Short course in emergency medicine
- Medical Practice Consulting
- Pretoria, South Africa.
Training course in Emergency and Surgical Care in Universal Health Coverage
- Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research Surgical and emergency care
- Geneva, Switzerland.
Emergency Medicine Review
- Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians (CAEP)
- Ontario, Canada.
Emergency Medical Technician
- International Health and Safety Training Centre
- Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
Emergency Medical Course Reference Prices
The prices of the Emergency Medicine Courses are varied. The prices of these courses are between $155 and $6500.
The cost of these courses will vary depending on the country where the course is taught, the institution or university that teaches the course, the modality, the duration of the course and the materials provided during the course, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course