Phonoaudiology studies the neurological processes involved in speech recognition. Discover what is going on in the mind of a baby who is about to utter his or her first words.
Improve understanding of the treatment of language disorders in patients who have aphasia. Or ask a fascinating new question about human communication processes and begin your own search for the answer.
If you are an exceptional student with a bachelor’s degree who wishes to pursue a career in Speech-Language Pathology, you may qualify for this innovative doctoral program. There are Universities and institutes that provide this PhD program for free or with scholarship or student loan options.
The overall purpose of the Doctorate in Phonoaudiology is to educate students as research scientists who are capable of increasing knowledge about normal and disordered speech and language. Its purpose is to contribute to an expanding population of research-oriented Doctors of Speech-Language Pathology.
That the student understands that the growth and effectiveness of the clinical enterprise depends on the production of new knowledge and that they understand the fundamental interconnectedness of scholarship, scientific thought and development.
What is a Doctorate in Phonoaudiology ?
With a Doctorate in Phonoaudiology you can focus on research that produces new knowledge about communication disorders in the hope of discovering more effective treatment options. Doctoral competencies include mastery of skills developed through research, grant writing, and teaching and supervisory experiences.
Students are encouraged to develop professional leadership skills through active participation in local, state and national academic societies. The Ph.D. program is designed to develop outstanding independent researchers and teachers.
Graduates of the program have a broad knowledge base of human communication sciences and disorders and significant in-depth preparation in their special areas of concentration within the discipline.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Doctorate in Phonoaudiology
These are some of the subjects that may be included in the programmatic content of a Ph.D. in Speech Therapy:
- Anatomy, physiology and advanced theories: the mechanism of speech.
- Neurological basis of speech and language.
- Studies in Language Sciences
- Statistical Methamphetamine for Speech-Language Pathology
- Advanced Seminar in Differential Diagnosis
- Theoretical Foundations of Language Disorders
- Clinical Research Seminar for Speech-Language Pathology
- Leadership and Support Program in Communications Disorders
- Seminar in Language Acquisition and Second Language Learning Topics in Neuroscience and Communication Disorders Clinical Practicum in Supervisory Administration
- Clinical Practice in University Teaching
- Genetics of Communication Disorders
- Language and thought
- Otolaryngological aspect of speech and language pathology
- Theories of speech production and speech perception
- Seminar in Alternative and Augmentative Communication Systems
- Studies in Voice Sciences
- Genetics of the auditory system
- Experimental phonetics
- Central auditory processing
- Dissertation Seminar
- Thesis Research
How Long Does the Doctorate in Phonoaudiology Take ?
A Doctorate in Phonoaudiology lasts 3 to 4 years full-time. Time may vary depending on factors such as the country of origin, the institution or university offering the PhD program, the study plan, program delivery modality, schedules, whether it is taken part-time or full time, among others.
Where can I Work with a Doctorate in Phonoaudiology ?
A Ph.D. in Phonoaudiology will prepare you for a leadership position in the field. Most doctoral students can pursue careers in research, university teaching or clinical practice management. You will also work in many settings, from early intervention to nursing homes, from schools to private practices.
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study Doctorate in Phonoaudiology for Free by Obtaining a Scholarship
- United Kingdom
- United States
- South Africa
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Doctorate in Phonoaudiology is Possibly Available for Free, through Scholarships
Doctorate in Speech Therapy
- Comenius University in Bratislava
- Bratislava, Slovakia.
Ph.D. in Speech and Language Therapy
- University of Strathclyde
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Doctor of Audiology
- University of Arizona
- Arizona, United States.
PhD in Speech Pathology
- Edith Cowan University
- Joondalup, Australia.
Ph.D. in Audiology and Speech Sciences
- The University of British Columbia
- British Columbia, Canada.
Doctorate in Speech Pathology and Audiology
- University of the Witwatersrand
- Johannesburg, South Africa.
Referential Prices of the Doctorate in Phonoaudiology
The prices of the Doctorates in Speech Pathology can be varied. The prices of these Doctorates range from $5,785 to $34,980 per year. In some cases it may cost more. The cost of this Doctorate will vary according to the country where it is given, the institution or university that gives the Doctorate, the modality, the duration and the materials provided during the study, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Resumen / Summary
Título / Article Name
FREE DOCTORATE IN PHONOAUDIOLOGY
Descripción / Description
Free Doctorate in Phonoaudiology: What is it, Objective, Content, Subjects, Duration, Labor Sector, Countries, Universities and Price
Autor / Author
Juan Carlos Franco
Autor / Publisher Name
Logo / Publisher Logo