Oral health is a vital part of health care. Dentistry is the branch of medicine that examines and treats not only the teeth, but also the oral cavity and other aspects of the craniofacial complex.
Dental care and dental hygiene are a large part of general well-being and a section of public health, and oral diseases are often precursors to more serious health problems. While the public thinks that dental procedures are about teeth (think of root canals, teeth whitening, or wisdom tooth removal), dentistry extends far beyond this limited scope.
Dentists see oral cancer cases, perform restorative dentistry such as oral and maxillofacial surgery, and provide comprehensive support for overall dental health. Anyone who has had a toothache can attest to the vital role dentists play in ensuring good public health. But behind the clichés of the profession there is a rich and relevant history waiting to be discovered.
In this course, you will explore the complexities of what dentists do. This course is for anyone interested in dentistry or science and is designed to be enjoyed without prior knowledge. It would be especially valuable for dental professionals, or anyone considering entering the profession.
Dental education is an essential step in determining if this is your vocation. Whether you are interested in the field of dentistry for personal or professional reasons, a Free Dental Course is the first step in getting started in this beautiful world.
What are the Dentistry Courses ?
Dentistry is a demanding course in which college students gradually develop their technical skills based on academic teaching about the biology of the human body and, more specifically, the rapidly developing science behind dentistry.
With a Dentistry Course, you will learn the basics of dentistry from leading dental experts. You will learn about the different roles in a dental team, explore dental anatomy and disease, and discover how dentistry differs from country to country. You will also learn how to become a dentist and get a valuable introduction to the study of dental degrees.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Dentistry Course
The program content of the Dentistry course generally covers the following topics:
- Definition of the roles of the dental team, including the dentist, nurse, hygienist/therapist, dental technician and practice manager.
- Key aspects of dental anatomy, morphology, development and disease.
- How to carry out dental registration and the systems used in different countries.
- Dental specialties, including dental pathology and radiography, pediatric dentistry, endodontics, periodontics and oral surgery.
- The types and properties of dental materials.
- Design and manufacture of dental restorations and prostheses and how they have changed over time.
- Dental public health and the morality and ethics of dental treatment.
Countries and Cities Where You Could Study the Dentistry Course for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Dentistry Course is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
- Michigan State University
- Michigan, United States.
Modern management of dental caries
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Mexico City, Mexico.
Materials in oral health
- The University of Hong Kong
- Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong.
Dental Hygiene Program
- Camosun College Lansdowne
- British Columbia, Canada.
- Sydney Dental School
- Sydney, Australia.
- Pretoria University
- Pretoria, South Africa.
- «Grigore T. Popa» University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iași
- Lași, Romania.
Dentistry Course Reference Prices
The prices of the Dentistry Courses are varied. The prices of these courses are between $15 and $2500. The cost of these courses will vary according to the country where the course is given, the institution or university that teaches the course, the modality, the duration of the course and the materials provided during the course, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course