The need to organize and plan all available resources to generate profits in a tourism organization is considered tourism management. It would be worth studying for a professional degree in tourism management, since the complexities of the tourism industry require managerial and technical skills to adequately address problems.
This is a modern management degree course designed to shape the professional life of modern managers. The degree is offered at universities around the world and covers all business aspects of management in the tourism sector.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Tourism Management Do ?
Combining social sciences and business, this unique degree will equip you with transferable skills relevant to any industry. As a graduate, you will enter the workforce uniquely equipped with specialized cultural and managerial knowledge and a wealth of practical experience.
In essence, this degree provides an in-depth introduction to the fundamentals of the tourism industry and a consideration of its natural, political and cultural environments. Studies in Tourism Management broaden your professional horizons. In today’s job market, you can find a wide range of jobs related to these areas:
- Commercial Manager (Public Relations)
- Tourism Coordinator
- Director of Banquets and Conventions (Commercial Catering)
- PCO (Professional Congress Organizer)
- Product Manager (Quality Product Manager)
- Transport and logistics
- Hospitality Management
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Tourism Management
In the first and second year, you will take basic courses in applied tourism, management practices and general tourism studies, followed by courses in the third and fourth year that offer a better understanding of tourism management and tourism as a social phenomenon.
In the last years, students take a combination of core courses and thematic electives covering three interdisciplinary areas: global perspectives, understanding the culture and place of tourism, and design and delivery of experiences.
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor Degree in Tourism Management for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
Institutes, Centers and Universities where the Bachelor Degree in Tourism Management is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Bachelor Degree in Tourism Management
- Dongbei University of Finance and Economics
- Dalian, China
- A rapidly growing industry, tourism can provide important economic contributions to society.
Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Management
- UCAM San Antonio de Murcia Catholic University
- Murcia, Spain
- Belonging to the field of Law and Business, the Degree in Tourism covers a wide range of knowledge (skills, competences, abilities and aspirations of future students).
Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Management (with honors)
- HELP University
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Graduates acquire an intense learning experience in the field of tourism.
BBA – Tourism Management
- Stenden University of Applied Sciences – Qatar
- Doha, Qatar
- The degree of Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism Management aims to provide business and management experience to potential professionals in the tourism and service industry. It is a combination of theory, specialized knowledge and practice on current management issues within local, regional, national and international tourism business and service organizations.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE