The Bachelor Degree in Statistics provides participants with the understanding and skills necessary for data analysis and use.Â
A B.S. in Statistics is very flexible and can lead to a career in business, industry or government. For those students who intend to continue their education in Statistics beyond the bachelorâs degree, the mathematical statistics track of the major serves as a good preparation.
Bachelorâs degrees are awarded after completing 120 semester credits. This usually takes students approximately four years of focused study to complete.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Statistics Do ?
Statisticians are always in demand. Virtually every field, from business to engineering to health care, needs statisticians to help solve problems related to each industry.Â
A statistician can be responsible for developing mathematical concepts in areas such as algebra and geometry, creating surveys and opinion polls to collect data, analyzing that data to help improve business decisions, and more.
A Bachelor Degree in Statistics is designed to provide a foundation in statistics, as well as in mathematics in areas such as algebra, geometry, and calculus, to prepare students for a graduate program. There are some important benefits available to people who earn this degree. They can often move directly into fulfilling career positions.Â
After graduation, people can naturally seek positions as statisticians. However, there are several possibilities available. These include work in product testing and evaluation in industries such as automotive, pharmaceutical, and software companies.Â
Some graduates find work in government positions, environmental agencies, and national defense. The range of opportunities is very wide and allows for many personal choices.Â
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Statistics
All Statistics majors complete 10 basic courses that provide essential instruction in statistical methods, applications, and theory. This set of basic courses includes Calculus I, II and III.Â
In addition, students concentrate on their particular areas of interest by choosing one of three tracks of emphasis, in which they complete at least four or five electives.Â Core courses will focus on mathematics, applied mathematics, mathematical statistics, and related mathematical subjects.Â
Other subjects may include finance, economics, commodity market analysis, industrial statistics, public policy statistics, and others based on student career preferences.
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor Degree in Statistics for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Bachelor Degree in Statistics is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Bachelor of Science in StatisticsÂ
- Sharda University
- Greater Noida, India
- Three-year degree courses. The course includes basic studies of the subjects that constitute a solid base that would support employability and background for higher studies.
Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Kwararafa University
- Wukari, Nigeria
- Kwararafa Wukari University was authorized as Wukari Jubilee by the National Universities Commission in 2005. It took off in March 2006 with 61 students as the first and only community university in Nigeria, the first university in Taraba State and the second private university in the Geopolitical Zone of North Eastern Nigeria.Â
Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- University of South Carolina
- Columbia, USA
- The Department of Statistics has a mission of teaching, research and service, which we accomplish through graduate and undergraduate instruction, cutting-edge research and expert consulting.
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Statistics
- RIT Kosovo
- Prishtina, Kosovo
- Economic concentration emphasizes a quantitative analytical approach to address economic problems in both the public and private sectors, providing students with a marketable product.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE
Resumen / Summary
TÃtulo / Article Name
FREE BACHELOR DEGREE IN STATISTICS
DescripciÃ³n / Description
Free Bachelor Degree in Statistics: What It Is, Its Purpose, Content, Subjects, Labor Sector, Countries, Universities
Autor / Author
Juan Carlos Franco
Autor / Publisher Name
Logo / Publisher Logo