The study of public health arises from the need to educate and keep large groups of people healthy in a way that individualized medicine cannot. A Bachelor Degree in Public Health is a university degree that focuses primarily on the 4 Ps of public health:
Prevention, promotion, protection, and population-based care, and provides an individual with the skills necessary to enter a wide variety of fields within the health care public.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Public Health Do ?
Undergraduate work in public health is numerous and the field of public health itself is full of potential. Public health seeks to promote health and sanitation, in all its forms, for communities, groups, and even the world.
Thus, a Bachelor Degree in Public Health work can represent virtually anything that promotes health in any way. While that may seem like a broad definition, there are certainly many jobs specifically targeted to holders of a public health degree.
Some public health jobs may include:
- Clinical research
- Health Educator
- Health Consultant
- Infection Control Officer
- Public Health Administrator Jobs
- Public Health Officer
- Social Worker
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor of Public Health
It can be obtained through a Bachelor of Science (BS) or a Bachelor of Arts (BA), but there are clear differences between the two that you should be aware of:
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Public Health: tends to attract people who are more interested in the socio-cultural, socioeconomic, and health policy aspects of public health.
Students generally specialize in the social sciences and public health. The curriculum generally revolves around biology, human behavior, social studies and classes, and health-related topics.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Public Health: Students generally specialize in the natural sciences and public health and will be better equipped for a career in science, clinical fields such as epidemiology, biostatistics, and research.
The curriculum includes much of what is involved with any BA program, and also tends to include courses in mathematics, statistics, health informatics, or chemistry related courses.
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor Degree in Public Health Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Bachelor Degree in Public Health is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Public Health Studies – Community Health
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
- All students of Public Health Studies – Community Health at the University of North Carolina Wilmington complete core courses in public health, which provide a solid foundation in the U.S. Public Health System. Factors affecting human health and disease, population-based and individual health approaches. improvement, public health data sources, health policy, health communication, and more.
Bachelor of Public Health
- Wollongong University
- Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
- The degree in Public Health offered by the University of Wollongong will provide you with an understanding of the key issues affecting the health of populations. You will develop skills in obtaining, reviewing, and analyzing health information; planning and managing a health program or project; and in improving the health of populations.
Public Health and Community Studies
- Coventry University
- Coventry, England, United Kingdom
- The Bachelor of Public Health and Community Studies program offered by Coventry University is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to excel in a multidisciplinary community setting.
Bachelor of Public Health
- University of Abu dhabi
- Multiple locations
- Through this University of Abu Dhabi Public Health program, the only undergraduate program of its kind in the UAE, you will have the opportunity.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE
Resumen / Summary
Título / Article Name
FREE BACHELOR DEGREE IN PUBLIC HEALTH
Descripción / Description
Free Bachelor Degree in Public Health: What is it, Objective, Content, Subjects, Duration, Labor Sector, Countries, Universities
Autor / Author
Juan Carlos Franco
Autor / Publisher Name
Logo / Publisher Logo