Based on a holistic vision of the human being, on the unity of body and mind, Psychomotricity integrates cognitive, emotional, symbolic and physical interactions in the individual’s ability to be and act in a psychosocial context.
The scientific references of psychomotricity are medical, psychological and neuropsychological, educational, as well as social sciences. Psychomotricity intervenes in the fields of health, education and research.
In the field of health, the psychomotor specialist can intervene in the promotion of well-being, prevention, care, cure, re-education, rehabilitation and therapy. Psychomotor skills refer to all ages: infants, children, adolescents, adults, the elderly and particular stages, such as pregnancy and the end of life.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Psychomotricity Do ?
Graduate in Psychomotricity is a professional who works on the physical, mental, social, relational and emotional well-being of people. They provide comprehensive support to people who suffer from various types of psychophysical problems.
They focus on the general realization of the person and the protection of a balance between body and spirit. At the center of their profession is the mutual participation of the body, the tonic-emotional dialogue and the interpersonal skills.
Graduates in Psychomotricity develop a methodology to suggest body role-play, using various techniques: psychocorporal techniques, relaxation, body awareness, body means, postural and gestural expression, games, …
- With people of all ages, from babies to seniors, supporting their knowledge and skills, their ability to occupy their body and evolve within their motor skills and through their relationships with others.
- In various fields and sectors: education, prevention, support and research.
- They work in institutions, as employees or freelancers, provide individual / group support and collaborate with their colleagues within interdisciplinary teams.
- Graduates in Psychomotricity play an active and recognized role in various health centers, homes and facilities.
- They may work in various sectors and settings, as freelancers or as members of multidisciplinary teams in various types of centers and institutions:
- Day care centers, schools and specialized educational structures; hospitals; rehabilitation centers, shelters for the disabled and handicapped; foster homes, day care centers, convalescent and care homes; mental health centers and youth services.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Psychomotricity
The curriculum is divided into a theoretical course, applied courses, and practice. The psychomotor skills require the integration of medical, psychological, educational, social science knowledge, as well as knowledge of the specific field of psychomotor skills.
The student must master psychomotor techniques and develop body skills, abilities and empathy. The development and functioning of a human being in its context, as well as its deviations are studied for all ages of life.
Students must be able to observe, evaluate and describe all aspects of normal and deviant human development. They must be able to devise and apply appropriate psychomotor treatments.
The curriculum must enable the student to work in an interdisciplinary context and to gain social and democratic skills. The curriculum must take into account the latest research and address issues of professional ethics. Includes interrelated theoretical and applied courses and internships.
The training program is articulated around 4 essential axes:
- Fundamental and biomedical sciences: anatomy, general and specific pathology, movement analysis, biology.
- Human science: psychology, educational sciences, sociological approach to the body.
- The art of psychomotricity: methodology, body activities, theory of psychomotricity.
- Professional initiation activities: jobs, seminars, thesis.
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor Degree in Psychomotricity for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United Kingdom
- United States
Institutes, Centers and Universities where the Bachelor Degree in Psychomotricity is possibly Offered for Free, through Scholarships
Bachelor of Arts in Psychomotor Science
- Leonardo da Vinci University
- Campus Parnasse, Brussels
- The Bachelor’s Degree in Psychomotor Science is a 3-year training, for a total of 180 credits. It is a branch of motor science, part of the paramedical sector.
Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Psychomotor Science
- Lebanese University
- The School of Public Health established a section located in Baabda in 1981. With the beginning of the 1998-1999 academic year, branch 2 was relocated to the campus of Pierre Gemayel University – Fanar.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychomotor Development
- CESA Center for Higher Education for Adults
Degree in Psychomotor Skills and Relaxation.
- VIA University College Skejbyvej
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE