The creation of the Bachelor of Arts in Modern Languages speaks to a growing need in the global economy for people who can easily cross language and cultural barriers.
Those who hold this degree are highly sought after by many employers, making it an exceptional option for those who wish to expand their career opportunities.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Modern Languages Do ?
There is no limit to the types of job opportunities that the Bachelor of Arts in Modern Languages can provide. It can be used directly to take advantage of positions in international corporations, government agencies, and international security companies.
It can also be valuable indirectly by providing a well-rounded undergraduate education that positions students advantageously for graduate study in the social sciences, humanities, law, and medicine.
Modern Languages Graduates can:
- Develop alternative and innovative ways of thinking in complex multilingual and multicultural contexts
- Participate in and promote a creative dialogue between different linguistic, historical and civilizational perspectives
- Solve problems in an autonomous, critical and innovative way in plural communicative situations
- Manage information and its circulation, using foreign languages as professional tools
- Have total control of the skills related to the access and treatment of diverse types of information
- Have developed communication skills suitable for higher academic and professional contexts, in different foreign languages as well as in the mother tongue
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Modern Languages
This university degree provides a fundamental education in one or more languages, as well as in linguistic theory. Many programs also include cultural studies courses, in which students learn more about the cultures and literature associated with specific languages.
Study abroad may be required or recommended, depending on the institution’s and program’s degree requirements.
The benefits provided by this degree are countless. Not only does it teach students fluency in one or more languages, but it also gives these students a broad world view and the ability to quickly adapt to new cultures and environments. These are all desirable traits not only in career opportunities, but also in general life activities.
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor Degree in Modern Languages for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Bachelor Degree in Modern Languages is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Degree in Modern Languages
- University of Northern Arizona
- Flagstaff, United States
- This degree provides competence in the student’s choice of French or German. A requirement for study abroad ensures grounding and experience among native speakers.
Degree in Modern Languages
- University of Stirling
- Stirling, United Kingdom
- At the University of Stirling, we specialize in teaching French and Spanish in a contemporary and global context.
- You will develop high-level written and spoken language skills in both languages, and build an understanding of the diverse societies, literature and visual cultures that surround them.
- You will also enjoy extensive opportunities to improve your French and Spanish skills through our study abroad links with universities in France, Spain, Morocco, Switzerland, Canada or Latin America.
Bachelor of Arts in Modern Language and Business Studies
- University of Latvia
- Riga, Latvia
- The program combines language studies with business studies and aims to prepare students for international careers in companies and institutions operating in the modern economic and political environment.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE