Gastronomy is the study of food, not only from a culinary perspective, but also from anthropological, historical, scientific and policy-based perspectives.
Program graduates work as food writers, consultants for food and beverage companies, culinary instructors, food marketers, as well as non-profit organizations working to reform the food system.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Gastronomy Do ?
Gastronomy graduates are qualified to design, implement and supervise both high level production and gastronomic preparation systems.
As the gastronomic services in restaurants and any other company in the food and beverage sector, and in relation to the needs and interests of customers, manage teams of people. In addition, they will be qualified to generate and develop proposals for new products, services and businesses.
They will also be qualified to offer advice and consultancy in the field of restaurants and gastronomy from the perspective of innovation, using a wide variety of tools, techniques and lines of communication and different languages.
A graduate in Gastronomy can:
- Identify and develop techniques and systems of production and gastronomic preparation.
- Manage catering companies, directing and monitoring all processes, and supervising teams.
- Offer advice and consultancy from the perspective of innovation and communication.
- To participate in research and innovation activities in the gastronomic sector.
Some of the positions you can hold:
- Head of kitchen.
- Manager of the restaurant.
- Director of customer service.
- Director of food production in food companies.
- Researcher in the agri-food sector and the food industry.
- Gastronomic advisor.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Gastronomy
Some of the subjects we found are:
- Food biology
- Food biochemistry
- Theoretical foundations of culinary processes.
- Fundamental processes and techniques in cooking II
- Theology and social doctrine of the church.
- Fundamental processes and techniques in the kitchen I
- Food Anthropology
- History and geography of gastronomy.
- Sensory analysis
- Sommelier Course
- Work experience
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor of Arts in Gastronomy for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Bachelor Degree in Gastronomy is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Bachelor Degree in Gastronomy
- Campus of Gastronomy and Gastronomic Management
- Castellón de la Plana, Spain
- A four-year training that will allow our graduates to lead the future of gastronomy.
Bachelor of Arts in Gastronomy
- Aspira University College
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Croatia has been successfully building the status of one of the fastest growing Mediterranean gourmet destinations. Its growth and development is based on a rich gastro-oenological tradition, as well as a growing offer of a variety of restaurants with a high quality selection of local gastronomy and oenology.
Degree in Gastronomy and Culinary Arts
- Ozyegin University
- Orman Sokak, Turkey
- The Bachelor of Arts in Gastronomy and Culinary Arts Program is designed for students who aspire to a career in the culinary arts and food service.
Culinary Food Science – AGLS
- Iowa State University Ames
- Iowa, United States
- As a culinary science student, you will explore the chemical and physical interactions of food and develop basic cooking techniques. This fast-growing major is the only one of its kind in the state of Iowa.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE