Environmental Management is concerned with the process of regulating and protecting the health of our planet, promoting human behavior that positively impacts the natural environment.
Environmental management addresses burning issues such as global warming, pollution, deforestation, soil erosion, landfills and the depletion of the Earth’s natural resources. There are Universities and institutions that offer this program for free or offer the possibility of granting a scholarship.
A free Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management teaches students the basics of environmental protection and the proper use of natural resources. The program offers training in compliance, government regulation, pollution and hazardous materials.
Environmental Management students learn to assess, manage, and monitor the environmental effects of organizations, participate in multidisciplinary project work, and develop critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills.
The program’s curriculum focuses on the relationships between science, management, and policy, while providing a scientific understanding of ecological and social systems, applicable in a management or policy context.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Environmental Management Do ?
Environmental Management graduates advise organizations on how to minimize their impact on the environment and, in some cases, oversee the implementation of impact reduction strategies.
Generally, they develop and then measure the success of waste management schemes, renewable energies, recycling, pollution reduction and pollution prevention.
Depending on the role, responsibilities may include:
- Implementing environmental policies and practices.
- Designing strategies to meet objectives and promote best practices.
- Design the best tools and systems to monitor performance and implement strategies.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation.
- Evaluating, analyzing and collating environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, customers and regulatory agencies.
- Confirm that materials, ingredients, etc. are of ethical or environmental origin
- Manage environmental strategy budgets.
- Liaise with internal staff, including senior management and directors.
- Provide environmental training to staff at all levels.
- Writing plans and reports.
- Keep up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislation and initiatives, including international legislation where applicable.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management
These are some of the topics that can be included in the programmatic content of an Environmental Management Degree:
- Waste Management
- Pollution Prevention
- Environmental issues
- Hazardous waste management
- Hazardous Material Interactions
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Technology
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Global environmental management issues
- Pollution and environmental resources
- Environmental Policy
- Water Resources
- Environmental Biogeochemistry
- Agricultural and environmental quality
- Politics and economics of natural resources
- Environmental hydrology: principles and problems
How Long Does the Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management Take ?
The degree in Environmental Management lasts 3 to 4 years.
Where can I Work with the Environmental Management Career ?
Employment opportunities in the field include working for consulting firms, local authorities, public service providers (such as water, electricity and gas) and organizations within the voluntary sector.
Public and private organizations also seek competent personnel capable of operating environmental management systems that comply with national and international legislation.
Graduates of undergraduate programs have various career options in environmental science and management. Candidates for a position can find work in research centers, international organizations, and the private sector.
Some popular career options include the following:
- Environmental Analyst
- Resource Manager
- Conservation Scientist
- Hazardous waste planner
- Specialist in land conservation
- Environmental Consultant
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Degree in Environmental Management
- University of Manchester
- England, United Kingdom.
Bachelor of Science and Environmental Management
- Newcastle University
- New South Wales, Australia.
Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Design
- Budapest Metropolitan University
- Budapest, Hungary.
Degree in Environmental Sciences
- Royal Roads University
- Victoria, Canada.
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health Services Management
- Centennial School
- Toronto Canada.
Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Management Systems
- Louisiana State University
- Louisiana, United States.
Bachelor of Arts in Applied Sciences (Environmental Management)
- University of Otago
- Dunedin, New Zealand.
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences – Public Policy
- Duke Kunshan University
- Kunshan, China.
Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management Reference Prices
The prices of the Environmental Management Degree can be varied. The prices of these degrees are between $8,250 and $24,668. In some cases it can have a higher cost.
The cost of this degree will vary according to the country where it is taught, the institution or university that teaches the degree, the modality, the duration and the materials provided during the study, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE