Electromechanical Engineering combines electrical technology with Mechanical Technology. Students in these degree programs will learn about installation, maintenance and repair of electromechanical systems.
They will also be taught about many different instrumentation devices and circuits. You will learn to work with computer networks, analog and digital electronics, power generation, transmission and instrumentation, among other things. There are universities and institutions that offer this program for free or offer the possibility of a scholarship.
A Free Bachelor Degree in Electromechanical Engineering provides an overview of engineering disciplines and technical concepts. Programs may place greater emphasis on mechanical devices or on electronics and computer programming.
The Bachelor Degree in Electromechanical Engineering prepares students to become practicing engineers ready to develop innovative solutions to problems in industry, government, and academia.
This interdisciplinary program allows you to build a solid foundation in mathematics, science, humanities and social sciences, and the essential elements of electrical and mechanical engineering.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Electromechanical Engineering Do ?
A Bachelor in Electromechanical Engineering graduate is a person prepared to occupy industrial positions in areas directly related to process control, electronic instrumentation, testing, manufacturing, sales and service.
Typical duties of the Electromechanical Graduate may include analysis and design of process control equipment, laboratory testing services, product sales and services, application engineering and development of systems that require a hardware/software interface.
As an Electromechanical Graduate, you will be able to develop, repair and upgrade mechanical systems, build and test new machines, lead projects to improve manufacturing and production efficiency, and understand the mechanisms within robotic assembly machines.
The most common responsibilities are:
- Read blueprints, schematics and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine or equipment.
- Verify the dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met.
- Operate metal working machines to make housings, fittings and accessories.
- Inspect parts for surface defects
- Repair and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies
- Test the performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using welding equipment and hand tools.
- Operate, test or maintain robotic equipment
- Analyze and record test results and prepare written documentation
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Electromechanical Engineering
These are some of the topics that can be included in the programmatic content of a Bachelor Degree in Electromechanical Engineering:
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fluid power
- Solid Mechanics
- Electromechanical Power Systems
- Dynamic systems
- Microprocessor systems
- Maintenance and management techniques
- Robotics, CAD / CAM
- Implementation techniques
- Process Automation
- Control techniques
How Long Does the Bachelor Degree in Electromechanical Engineering Take ?
The Bachelor of Arts in Electromechanics has a duration of 3 to 5 years full time.
Where can I Work with the Electromechanical Engineering Career ?
Electromechanical graduates combine knowledge of mechanical technology with knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits. They operate, test and maintain unmanned, automated, robotic or electromechanical equipment. Graduates with this degree are qualified for careers such as:
- Electromechanical Engineering Researcher
- Technical Electromechanical Engineer / Technologist
- Electronic Engineer
- Electronic Seller
- Engineering consultant
- Hardware/software developer
- Manufacturer / product engineer (computer, electronic, mechanical)
- Production worker
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor Degree in Electromechanical Engineering for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Bachelor Degree in Electromechanical Engineering is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Degree in Electromechanical Engineering
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts, United States.
Bachelor of Science in Electromechanical Engineering Technology
- Humber University
- Toronto Canada.
Degree in Electromechanical System
- University of Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Bachelor of Science in Electromechanical Engineering
- London World Education Centre
- England, United Kingdom.
Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering
- Newcastle University
- New South Wales, Australia.
Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering
- Dublin City University
- Dublin, Ireland.
Bachelor of Arts in Electromechanics
- Hogeschool PXL
- Hasselt. Belgium.
Bachelor Degree in Electromechanical Engineering Reference Prices
The prices of the Electromechanical Degree can be varied. The prices of these degrees are between $3,926 and $43,394. In some cases it can have a higher cost.
The cost of this degree will vary according to the country where it is taught, the institution or university that teaches the degree, the modality, the duration and the materials provided during the study, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE