Management is the process of planning, organization, direction, control and evaluation to achieve predetermined objectives of an institution through the coordinated use of human and material resources.
The study of the theories of management science that define and describe the roles and responsibilities of the education manager and the development of management skills.
Educational management refers to the field of study and practice related to the functioning of educational organizations. Educational management should be concerned with the purpose or objectives of education.
These purposes or objectives serve to provide a crucial sense of direction in the management of educational institutions. At the heart of educational management is the process of deciding upon the goals and objectives of the educational institution.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Educational Management Do ?
The main job responsibility of a graduate in educational management is to supervise the staff and administer the general administrative functions of the school or university. Along with this, he or she is also responsible for performing some additional job tasks which are as follows:
- Interviewing and recruiting new staff.
- Training newly recruited candidates and assigning them work
- Implementation of various educational programs.
- Understanding the needs of the educational center and equipping them accordingly.
- Approve the curriculum prepared by the education coordinator.
- Ensure that the organization’s rules and policies are properly followed
- Attend administrative meetings
- Interact regularly with staff to understand progress and requirements.
- Manage and evaluate the development of new courses
- Prepare and manage reports and submit them to higher authorities and trustees
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Educational Management
This program is designed to equip participants with knowledge and skills in educational leadership so that they can manage everyday activities in schools.
Modules include Educational Leadership and Management, Educational Policy and Planning, Inclusive Special Education, School Inspection and Supervision.
Some of the subjects offered in this course are:
- School Management
- Educational Leadership and Supervision
- Educational planning and development
- Theories and practices of staff development in education
- Educational Technology
- Communication skills
- Changing processes and techniques in education
- Dynamics of classroom management
- Comparative education
- Education Mentoring
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor of Educational Management for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
Institutes, Centers and Universities where the Bachelor Degree in Educational Management is Possibly Offered for Free, through Scholarships
Executive Degree in Institutional and Educational Management
- OUS Royal Academy of Economics and Technology in Switzerland
- Zurich, Switzerland
- This Executive Degree in Institutional and Educational Management course is for students who worked directly after high school for at least 3 years in a management position.
Bachelor of Arts in Educational Administration and Management
- Amity University
- Asían College of Teachers (ACT) has joined with Amity University to offer a Bachelor of Arts in Educational Administration and Management, a 3-year, skills-based online degree course.
Bachelor of Arts in Educational Administration
- International Atlantic University
- Atlantic City. United States
- School of Social and Human Studies
- The Bachelor of Education Administration program will be a personalized program, designed just for you and your academic advisor.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE