The Degree in Civil Protection is created to strengthen more professionals, more demanding in terms of capacity and skills of civil protection operators and especially greater ability to work. There are Universities and institutions that offer this program for free or offer the possibility of a scholarship.
A Free Bachelor Degree in Civil Protection aims to train its graduates with a set of multidisciplinary knowledge that allows them to intervene adequately in society and with citizens, in the different areas of intervention of the civil protection system.
These objectives are achieved through training strategies focused on risk prevention and mitigation, relief and emergency, assistance to people and other living beings in danger, protection of cultural and environmental assets and values of high public interest.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Civil Protection Do ?
A Bachelor in Civil Protection is the person in charge of coordinating disaster response or crisis management activities, providing training in disaster preparedness, and preparing emergency plans and procedures for natural disasters (e.g., hurricanes, floods, earthquakes).
Also war or technological emergencies (e.g., nuclear power plant emergencies, hazardous material spills) or hostage situations.
Some of their responsibilities may be:
- Work together with others on disaster assessment and draw conclusions.
- Conduct surveys to determine the types of emergency-related needs that should be addressed in disaster planning, or provide technical support to others conducting such surveys.
- Consult with local and area government officials, schools, hospitals, and other institutions to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency.
- Coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities, such as ordering evacuations, opening public shelters, and implementing special needs plans and programs.
- Design and administer emergency/disaster preparedness training courses that teach people how to respond effectively to major emergencies and disasters.
- Develop and maintain links with municipalities, county departments, and similar entities to facilitate plan development, coordination of response efforts, and exchange of personnel and equipment.
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Civil Protection
These are some of the topics that can be included in the programmatic content of a Civil Protection Degree:
- Health Information in Disasters
- Introduction to National Incident Management
- Introduction to the incident command system
- Data collection and exchange during disasters
- Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP)
- Social network analysis during disasters
- Response to disasters and public health emergencies
- Information Roles in Disaster Management
- Working with the Workforce in Disaster Situations
- Understanding the international context
- CBRNE (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives): health information resources
- REMM (Radiation Emergency Medical Management)
- Essential health information in case of disaster on your mobile device
- Disaster Information Specialist Program Webinars/Telephone Conferences
- Social networks in emergency management
- Health programming and outreach in your community
- Dissemination and disasters: using information to save lives
How Long Does the Bachelor Degree in Civil Protection Take ?
A degree in Civil Protection lasts approximately 4 years.
Where can I Work with the Civil Protection Career ?
With a career in Civil Protection you can work:
- With local authorities and civil protection offices, at local, regional and national level, organizations, institutes and public and private bodies.
- Protection and security offices of public and private companies.
- Security companies.
- Development, production and marketing of security equipment.
- Civil protection technicians in international organizations.
- Public criminal investigation agencies.
- Consulting and advisory service activities.
- Training services.
- Activities in the field of territorial planning in aspects of risk prevention and emergency plans.
Countries and Cities where you can study the Bachelor Degree in Civil Protection for Free by Obtaining a Scholarship
- United Kingdom
- United States
Institutes, Centers and Universities where the Bachelor Degree in Civil Protection is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Degree in Civil Protection Engineering (Emergency Management)
- University of Applied Sciences Castelo Branco
- Castelo Branco, Portugal.
Training program in Civil Protection
- European Commission
- Brussels, Belgium.
Bachelor’s Degree in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Coventry University
- England, United Kingdom.
Bachelor of Arts in Disaster and Emergency Management
- York University
- Toronto Canada.
Bachelor of Arts in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Northwestern Missouri State University
- Missouri, United States.
Bachelor of Arts in Emergency Service
- CQUniversity Australia
- Queensland, Australia.
Bachelor Degree in Civil Protection Reference Prices
The prices of the Civil Protection Degree can be varied. The prices of these degrees are between $5,000 and $35,000. In some cases it can have a higher cost.
The cost of this degree will vary according to the country where it is taught, the institution or university that teaches the degree, the modality, the duration and the materials provided during the study, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE