Kitchen or Food Scale Brands
- The Uten digital kitchen scale, built with the STRAIN GAUGE SENSOR system, gives you instant and accurate results of 11lb / 5kg capacity and 0.1oz / 1g accuracy. Perfect for baking, cooking and weighing postage and jewelry with calibration weight and full scale accuracy on the target
- It has several necessary functions built in, such as zero and tare function, alarm timer, real time clock, water/milk volume indicator, temperature sensor and low/overload indication, easy to use with only 4 buttons and meets all your scale needs.
- You can press the UNIT button to convert the weight unit between weight (g/kg, lb: oz) and Volume (ml, fl’oz), the multiple weighing unit modes are applicable to different people’s habits. (NOTE:
- Place the scales on a flat and solid surface, but not on a carpet or soft surface)
- The Kitchen Scale is lightweight, thin, compact, with a stainless steel platform and easy to read numbers with a large LCD display. The dimensions are 9.25 x 6.50 x 1.06 inches.
- It can be hung for storage when not in use, takes up minimal space in your kitchen and is easy to transport, adding a modern aesthetic to your kitchen, durable and easy to read.
- The digital kitchen scale is made of a high quality stainless steel platform-sus401 and an ABS plastic frame, it is designed to be strong, accurate, fast and durable.
- This scale is equipped with 4 high precision sensors to give you accurate weight all the time; Capacity 5kg / 11lb, division 0.01oz / 1g, minimum measurement weight 3g-5g; Perfect for baking, cooking, postage and jewelry.
- It has a stainless steel platform design: designed with a sleek stainless steel platform and anti-fingerprint technology for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Easy to use: an accurate TARE function can reset the scale’s current weight to zero, quick unit conversion, volume measurement support, violet backlit display and low battery indication.
- They come in small designs, made for easy storage and lightweight portability. Dimensions: 7.09 x 5.51 x 0.71 inches
- The scale turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity if you forget to turn it off or if your hands are sticky with food.
- The Accuweight AW-KS005WS digital food scale features a tempered glass surface, 4 highly accurate sensors and with its modern and stylish look, this meat scale never looks out of place.
- The digitally weighted tempered glass surface, which can weigh up to 11 lbs, is accurate to 1 gram, is 3 times stronger than regular glass, and is easy to clean and hygienic.
- The blue backlit LCD lets you know the weight of your item even in the dimmest of rooms and displays the weight of your item in any unit of measurement you prefer, such as pounds, ounces, grams, fluid ounces and milliliters.
- This kitchen scale also includes a zero/tare function that allows you to zero containers when weighing multiple ingredients. Changing batteries is frustrating and can be costly, so our electronic food scale includes an automatic shut-off function to conserve battery life for longer battery life.
- When the batteries finally run out, our LCD will alert you with a low battery indication, and if it ever gets overcharged, the digital gram scale will also show an indication.
- It has a great design, its size is 18 * 14 * 1.8cm. It has the capacity to weigh up to 5000g (11 pounds). It does not take up space in a closet and is easy to carry around. Perfect for weighing jewelry.
- These scales include Auto-Tara. Calculates the net weight of your ingredients; Automatically subtracts the weight of any bowl or container you use at the time of weighing; Features a 2 minute
- Auto-Off system to save energy.
- Material: Stainless steel platform ABS resin (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) designed for easy cleaning and maintenance; Designed with a high quality LCD display, easy to read and convert unit quickly. It has a low battery indicator.
- These scales have a weight range of up to 10 kg (19 lb); Graduation: 1g/0.1oz; Perfect for baking, cooking and jewelry weighing.
- It has an Auto-Tare which calculates the net weight of its ingredients.
- With a convenient design and dimensions of 17 cm x 14 cm x 3 cm; Its platform is made of stainless steel, adds an aesthetic to your modern kitchen, can be easily cleaned and is very durable.
Types of Kitchen or Food Scales
In the market you can find, mainly, two types of kitchen scales. One of them is the digital kitchen scale and, on the other hand, we have the mechanical kitchen scale.
Digital Precision Scales, Electronic or Intelligent Kitchen Scales
These digital precision scales are equipped with a high precision sensor system to provide the most accurate weight readings. With a capacity of 5 kg / 11 lbs.
- It has a division of 0.1oz/1g; Allows weighing nuts, grains, fruits and more with amazing accuracy to control the most accurate portions and which allows for healthier cooking.
- Can effortlessly measure solid foods or volumes of water and milk; Measure instantly and convert results into units of g/ml / lb’oz / fl’oz.
- The design of a large crystal LCD display with backlighting provides clear and reliable results at all times, making it a very easy to use instrument; Low Power and include Overload Indicators.
Antique Kitchen Scales
When we talk about old scales we are talking about mechanical scales, which nowadays have been almost completely replaced by electronic or digital scales due to their higher precision and accuracy, and their convincing designs.
The Best Kitchen or Food Scales
On the market you can find all kinds of kitchen scales of high and low quality among the best scales are: Kitchen scale ETEKCITY EK4352H multifunctional, we can also find the kitchen scale SMART WEIGH which includes LCD screen, options such as kitchen scale ORBEGOZO PC1009 which includes a transparent bowl, among others.
Mechanical Kitchen or Food Scales
The mechanical kitchen scales are those scales whose operation is based on mechanical systems, commonly the elastic deformation of a spring or a spring that supports the food you want to weigh.
How Can You Use Digital Kitchen or Food Scales?
Learning how to use a food scale will help you recognize the correct portion size of the food you eat, helping you reduce calories and lose weight naturally. It will also allow you to get great results when you cook your favorite recipes.
- Determine what type of electronic kitchen scale you want to use. People prefer to buy a digital scale because it offers accurate measurements. You can select an electronic kitchen scale that has numbers that you can easily read, that is within your budget, has a container or cup for storing food, and is easy to maintain.
- Read the manual that comes with your electronic kitchen scale. A simple scale may not come with a manual, but almost all digital kitchen scales have advanced features such as calorie and nutrient measurements. Reading the instructions will help you understand the particular features of your scale.
- Always remember to turn off your electronic kitchen scale. Depending on the type of food scale you have purchased, this could be as simple as turning the scale on and waiting until the display registers «0».
- Weigh the container you will use to store the food you are weighing. You need to know the weight of the container to subtract it from the number the scale registers when you add food to it. The answer will give you the actual weight of your food. Some electronic kitchen scales that come with a container have a special button that automatically counts the weight of the container; follow the manufacturer’s instructions for using this feature.
- Place your portion of food in the container on the electronic kitchen scale. If you are using a weight or dock scale, allow the scale to stabilize for a few moments before reading the weight. If you are using a digital kitchen scale, you will see the weight displayed automatically or you will have to enter a special code that indicates the type of food you are weighing on the scale. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to get the correct reading.
- Subtract the weight of the container, if necessary, from the reading to calculate the final weight measurement.
Experts offer different opinions on when to weigh your food. A general rule is to weigh meat after cooking, but grains, fresh fruits, vegetables and other items that expand after cooking should be weighed before cooking. Another option is to weigh food before and after cooking, which allows you to know the weight of a portion in both states.
6 Things to Know Before Buying a Digital Kitchen or Food Scale
Electronic kitchen scales are designed to accurately weigh food ingredients and have become an indispensable tool. Before buying a weight scale for your kitchen, consider these six tips for choosing the model that suits your needs.
1.- Analogical Scale Versus Digital Scale in Electronic Kitchen Scales
There are two types of kitchen scales to choose from. Analog or mechanical kitchen scales contain an internal spring that displays the weight with a rotating pin. Electronic or digital scales are battery operated and display the weight on a digital readout. They also tend to have a variety of additional capabilities, including the fact that some models can store data. Most kitchen scales today are digital models.
2. Capacity and Sensitivity
Consider what foods you are likely to weigh to determine how much capacity you need on a kitchen scale. Some especially sensitive scales are ideal for weighing up to 16 ounces, including light items such as herbs, spices and nuts. Other types of scales can handle up to 15 pounds. The latter scales are appropriate for weighing heavier items, such as large cuts of meat and whole birds.
3. Enhanced Digital Functions
Digital scales have a wide variety of features that may be useful to you, depending on your goals. Such advantages include the machine’s ability to switch between various units of measure, including pounds, ounces, grams and kilograms. Another useful feature is the tare function, which allows the scale to consider the weight of the container and only display the weight of the contents. Some models also have a bakery timer and clock.
There are even programmed scales with calorie readings for various foods. These models allow you to add your own recipes and food entries, and some have a memory function that tracks your calories.
4. Platform and Container
Platform sizes vary. It is often a good idea to get a scale with a generous platform size so that you have space to weigh a variety of foods. You can also choose a scale that comes with a container that holds the food to be weighed, including both wet and dry ingredients. Make sure it is removable for easy cleaning. Some models come with a bowl measuring accessory, which allows you to easily measure ingredients.
5. Easy to Read
Not all digital displays are the same, some are small and hard to read, so try several models and decide for a good digital display if possible. Look for electronic kitchen scales with screens that won’t be hidden when there is food in the container.
6. Design and Ease of Storage
If you store the digital kitchen scale on the furniture, it is important to choose a model that fits well and adds to the look of your kitchen. There are a variety of styles, many of them in stainless steel, which adds an elegant look to your kitchen.
Now that you have «weighed» all the differences between kitchen scales, you can purchase a model that will enhance your cooking experience and help you meet your nutritional needs.
Reference Prices in Euros and Dollars for Kitchen Scales
The prices of the kitchen scales range from 10.99 Euros or Dollars to 40 Euros or Dollars, these prices can vary depending on the brand, state of the art technology and quality provided by the product.
Opinions and Reviews About Kitchen or Food Scales
The following scale options can be found in many markets, both physical and wed pages:
- GPISEN Smart Digital Scale with LCD screen for Stainless Steel Kitchen
- Digital Kitchen Scale, Houzetek Kitchen Scale with Large LCD Display.
- Camry Digital Kitchen Scale in Stainless Steel, Electronic Food Scale, Electronic Multipurpose Scale for Food.
Related Products in ALPHAPEDIA
About Household Goods in ALPHAPEDIA
Other Products of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Food Scale