The bachelor’s degree in Educational Informatics seeks to train professionals in the field of teaching, based on a scientific and humanistic foundation, centered on the use of information and communication technologies.
It teaches students to use electronic media (specifically computers) to process information. It analyses the needs of the company in which it works and determines which programmes and systems are the most suitable to meet them. Their work ranges from configuring complex computer programs to repairing small computer conflicts.
The university training plan is aimed at developing in its graduates a professional profile that will perform with leadership in the different areas of educational computing, responding to the educational, cognitive and technological demands required by the information society.
This curriculum of the degree in Educational Informatics trains in areas such as teaching, design, evaluation of educational computer applications, the use of computer tools and participation in the management and administration of projects.
The main purpose of the degree is to train teachers with the scientific, technological, pedagogical and management skills, typical of an updated world and with values desired by society, which characterize the Professionals of the 21st century.
Most of the educational informatics programs are 4-year programs. Applicants must have a high school diploma with an acceptable grade point average and submit standardized test scores.
What Does a Bachelor of Science in Educational Informatics Do ?
A bachelor’s degree in educational computing gives you different career options. Whether you are dedicated to innovative computer instruction, educational software development, or optimal computer center management.
The traditional option is to work in a school. But educational computer science graduates have also enjoyed good job prospects outside the school sector for years, for example:
- Software developer
- Web developer
- IT consultant or IT project manager
- Director of Corporate Communications
- Media Analyst
- Technical Director
- University Consultant
- Managing Director
- Labor Relations Specialist
- Operations Manager
Graduate students of an educational computing degree can also tailor their research projects to their own education-related interests.
Subjects Included in the Educational Informatics Program
These are just some of the subjects to be studied within the curriculum of the Educational Computer Science degree:
- Educational Institution: Theories and Conceptions
- Distance Learning and Research Methods
- IT and SocietyFundamentals of Mathematics
- Computer Logic
- Introduction to Programming
- Fundamentals of the Curriculum
- English for Computers
- Computer Math
- Pedagogy of Educational Informatics
- Intermediate Programming
- Adolescent Psychology and Learning
- Didactic Planning
- Programming and Cognitive Development
- Learning and Cognition
- Systems Analysis
- Learning Assessment
- Didactics of Educational Computing
Some Countries where you can study the Bachelor of Educational Informatics
- United States
- El Salvador
Some Universities that Offer a Bachelor’s Degree in COMPUTER SCIENCE EDUCATION
Degree in Educational Computing
- School of Human and Social Studies Atlantic International University
- Honolulu, Hawaii. (USA).
Bachelor’s Degree in Educational Computing
- Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics Scientific and Technological Training
- San Salvador, El Salvador.
Bachelor of Science in Educational Informatics
- Specialized University of the Americas
- Panama City, Panama.
Degree in Educational Computing – Distance Learning
- Universidad Santo Tomás – Open and Distance Learning
- Bogotá, Colombia.
Degree in Computer Science Applied to Education
- Technological University of Panama
- Computer Systems Engineering School
- Via Puente Centenario, Panama.
Bachelor’s degree in Educational Computing
- National Pedagogical University «Francisco Morazán»
- Special Programs Directorate
- Lifelong Learning Programme
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Bachelor’s Degree in Teacher Training: Computer Science
- Mannheim University
- Mannheim, Germany.
Professional Degree in Education, Professor of Computer Science and Programming (LU)
- University of Latvia
Studies in Different Academic Levels
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE